Our dietitians work with you and the doctor to develop a customized nutrition plan for your specific digestive condition.
- In our outpatient clinic, we teach you how and what to eat at home.
- If you are staying in the hospital, our nutrition team helps keep you properly nourished.
- If you are at home on tube or other assisted feedings, we offer a nutrition guideline.
- Our gastroenterologist, pharmacist, registered dieticians and registered nurses will monitor and help you with your nutritional needs.
- PEG – stands for percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, a procedure in which a flexible feeding tube is placed through the abdominal wall and into the stomach. PEG allows nutrition, fluids and/or medications to be put directly into the stomach, bypassing the mouth and esophagus